One of SEAMEO CECCEP programs is conducting quality research for lecturers, researchers, scholars, or practitioners to improve research productivity oriented to national and international scientific publications. All research programs are directed to produce scientific works in the form of articles, books, etc. that are worthy of being published at the national or international level. This annual program is to support rigorous and relevant research in the field of early childhood care, education, and parenting with implications and relevance to South East Asian countries.
SEAMEO CECCEP is pleased to launch the second edition of its Research Grants for 12 selected awardee from 11 South East Asian countries.
1. Improving the quality of research that supports the vision and mission of CECCEP SEAMEO to become a regional research, advocacy and capacity building center of excellence on ECCE and Parenting at the Southeast and Regional levels of Southeast Asia.
2. To raise the latest issues in the field of Early Childhood Education (PAUD) and Parenting through the research theme.
3. Building partnerships with other educational institutions and institutions at the national level to work together in collaborative research activities and technology transfer.
4. Increasing international recognition through the dissemination of research results and increasing the number of publications in the International Journal.
The research themes for Research Grant this year are “Children’s Well Being” for ECCE and “Children Participation in Parenting” for Parenting topic. These selected themes are aligned with the value of SEAMEO CECCEP that is to serve the best interest of a child
Children’s well-being is understood as the fulfilment of children’s developmental needs, encompassing psychological, social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual needs.
- Physical well-being in ECCE
- Social emotional well-being in ECCE
- Cognitive well-being in ECCE
- Spiritual well-being in ECCE
- ECCE Program to promote children’s well-being
- Learning Media and Resources to promote children’s well-being
- Safety environment in ECCE
Within this principle, children are seen as individuals who can express their opinion and most importantly to be heard. The age and stage for parenting categorized accordingly to the various stage of child development: 1.) The first thousand days of life, conception to two years old (0 to 2), 2.) Early Childhood; (3- 6); 3.) Primary School (7-12); 4.) Teenager-young adult (13-18).
- Children’s contribution in parenting
- Children’s view in parenting
- Children in family decision making
- Parent’s understanding of children’s need
- Parenting Program to promote children’s participation
The awardee will get IDR 25.000.000/ 1774 USD for conducting the research within 4 months.
Online Proposal Submission: April 22 – May 26, 2019
Announcement of Proposal Approval: May 29, 2019
Final report: November 5, 2019
Download Technical Instruction Proposal Template