As the latest SEAMEO Centre in Indonesia as well as one of three new SEAMEO Centres in Southeast Asia, SEAMEO CECCEP successfully conducted its first Governing Board Meeting (GBM) at Prime Plaza Hotel in Sanur, Bali from September 20th to 23rd, 2018.
The meeting was attended by seven GB members from eleven countries: Pengiran Haji Ahamad Masudwardi Aidil-Fitri bin Pengiran Hj Md Daud from Brunei Darussalam, H E Prak Kosal from Cambodia, Dr Sukiman from Indonesia, Mrs Siphaphone Manivanh from Lao PDR, Ms Tan Hwee Pin from Singapore, Mr Thira Bhawangkanantha from Thailand, and Assoc Prof Nguyen Thi My Trinh from Vietnam. Absent from this meeting was the representatives from Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines and Timor Leste.
It was also attended by some observers from Biro Perencanaan dan Kerjasama Luar Negeri from The Ministry of Education and Culture of Republic of Indonesia and four observers from Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. Prof Hai Dai from WOW Bali Global Initiative was invited to attend the GB Meeting as well.
There were seven objectives of SEAMEO CECCEP first GBM, namely :
- To determine policies for the operation of the Centre,
- To approve the annual programs and budgets of the Centre within the framework of the Centre’s Five-Year Budget,
- To make the annual evaluations and reviews of the Centre’s programs and budget,
- To approve the nomination of the Centre Director and approve the terms and condition of the services,
- To approve the nomination of the Deputy Directors and approve the terms and condition of the services,
- To approve the nomination of the Deputy Directors and approve the terms and condition of their services
- To approvethe annual report, and
- To discuss necessary issues.
This GB Meeting resulted in the approval of all the documents mentioned above, with some additional notes and revision. The GB members officially approved Dr. Dwi Priyono M.Ed as the Director of SEAMEO CECCEP for 2018-2021 term. The two Deputy Directors, Ith Vuthy M.Sc., M.A and Dr Elis Rosdiawati were also approved as the Deputy Director for Programme and Deputy Director for Administration, respectively.
SEAMEO CECCEP crews and GB Members spent the last day of the meeting by having a cultural trip to Objek Wisata Sahadewa to watch Barong Dance performance, Tirta Empul to see the temples, Celuk Village to see the making of silver jewelleries and handicrafts, Kopi Wisata Agrowisata to taste some local coffee and finally have dinner at Lake Leke restaurant to mark the end of the cultural visit.
The next SEAMEO CECCEP Governing Board Meeting is scheduled to be held in Bandung from October 15th to 18th 2019.